Monday, October 26, 2020

NaNoWriMo 2020

Things have been a bit rough for me on the creative front since my bout with cancer last year, and dealing with covid this year hasn't helped with. I used to do most of my writing outside of the house, but now I'm in the house all the time (day job lets me work from home) and I've having difficulty adjusting.

So I'm going to try to get back in the writing groove again with NaNoWriMo this year. I'd been working on a novel series for the past few installments, and that's pretty much drafted (but not revised), so I'm going to clear my brain and start something new this year.

If you'd like someone to write with, you can follow my profile on the site. I generally write somewhere around 2000-2300 words a day while I'm participating, not because I'm trying to overachieve, but I find that a good length for me when it comes to story beats. When I deviate from that in my daily writing, the resulting chapters need a lot of work to make them flow the way I want.

I'm not ready to share the title of the project, being that it's so early, but I quickly found my theme song for it in the new single by debuting solo artist, rei. Here's a video of her performing "Shirayukihime" on the First Take, a video series where artists are recorded performing a song in a single take.


And because not everyone understands Japanese, the song title translates to "Princess Snow White" and a translated set of lyrics can be found here for the original version as performed by the group, Flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment