Monday, November 11, 2019

Jack of Spades, Now at Curious Fictions

I'm trying an experiment. As mentioned in my original health post back in July, I wanted a chance to earn some of the support I was eventually given. And one of those things was asking people to support my writing through Curious Fictions.

For the past few months I've been posting a backlog of the reprints I had the rights to, some of which have never been available outside of a physical copy or paywall, and now I'm moving on to the bonus item, the novella Jack of Spades. This is something I wrote quite a while ago. To give you an idea of how long ago, one of the reasons I stopped submitting it is that the Hunger Games became popular and I was afraid people would think I was trying to cash in on that.

I also wasn't quite the writer then that I am now. But I still liked the story.

So I decided that I would offer it as a special bonus to subscribers. Much to my dismay, it wasn't at the level of storytelling my memory told me it was, so I rolled up my sleeves and started revision work. I think it's much better now, though I know readers won't be able to compare!

Now Jack of Spades is live and you can read the first chapter for free. New installments will go up every two weeks until it is done.

If you like the idea of seeing additional fiction from me on a regular basis, please consider subscribing. If this does well, I'd love to write more serials.

No comments:

Post a Comment