Monday, August 1, 2016

Swords v Cthulhu is Out!

The Swords v Cthulhu anthology is now out and available for purchase from most online booksellers. I had the luck to get my contributor copy last Friday, but unfortunately I seem to be having camera troubles so I haven't been able to take a photo of it.

Sad face.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's stories though, and it's a happily diverse anthology with people from all cultures wielding their melee weapons of choice against the Lovecraftian horrors that we love and tend to sell as game pieces and plushies. I wonder sometimes what Lovecraft would think of the pop culture influence his work has had on the modern geek.

My contribution is the short story "The Final Gift of Zhuge Liang" which fuses Romance of the Three Kingdoms with a certain Lovecraftian menace from some of his lesser known works. I love Deep Ones, but everyone loves Deep Ones, so I didn't want to go the predictable route. (And besides, I already used Deep Ones when I wrote "The Ancestors.") So I'm not going to name the particular menace I use in this story. Just know that it's not one of the more common culprits.

If it sounds up your alley, feel free to check it out!

[Amazon] [Barnes & Noble]

No comments:

Post a Comment