Monday, June 6, 2022

New Site Layout

Embarrassingly enough, I've had the same blog design, more or less, for about twelve years and it was looking pretty dated. I kept telling myself I was going to fix it, and like many things, it got pushed off. (And all those bouts of illness didn't help.)

Finally, I decided that it was time. I was going to look for a new layout!

And this is the one I chose. I think it looks pretty clean. I like that it's not stark white, but it's still dark text on a light background, and I'm able to make a wider main column for the blog writing itself. I did have to cut a column to do so, but I wasn't updating my published works column regularly since I had to add cover art manually each time, and many times online magazines don't even have cover art, so they didn't get included. The end result was that it ended up looking outdated.

Now I hope to simply have one image of the latest publication, so it'll be less work to keep current, and I figure most online magazines at least have a logo of some kind I can use going forward.

I'm still tinkering with things so some of the widgets might move around, and I'm not sure I like the red link color, but for the most part this template should be here for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment