Monday, September 27, 2021

September Health Update

My post-surgery cancer treatment ended about a week and a half ago, but I didn't say anything sooner because quite frankly the side effects are still with me, and they're only finally starting to ebb. Even this weekend I would still dry heave if I sat up too long, which is not fun. And I still tire very quickly.

But things are supposed to get better in the coming weeks and I already feel like I'm on the upswing. It's a very slow upswing, but it's going up.

I have a lot to do to get healthy again. I'm finally starting to exercise a bit after radiation treatment left me trying to stay prone for most of the past month, and I've got to put some weight on.

Previously I'd mentioned that I have a feeding tube in my gut to supplement my calorie intake. It's still there and doing its job, but I'm hoping in the next month or so I'll finally be eating enough by mouth to have it removed.

At the very least, treatment is over for the foreseeable future and now we're moving on to the monitoring phase to periodically check for signs of it coming back (which it hopefully won't).

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling things are turning around. I hope you recover from the treatment is smooth and speedy. If you need anything, just reach out.-- your old roomie

    ReplyDelete