Monday, February 1, 2021

Another Health Update

It's been a while, so I figure it's time for another update.

I am currently done with chemo. I was scheduled for four two-week rounds of chemotherapy prior to surgery, and the last of those two week periods has ended. Now I'm recovering and my goal is to gain weight and exercise. No date for surgery has been set yet, because it will depend on what my weight and overall health looks like as we get closer to the middle of the month.

The expectation is that I'll lose a lot of weight after surgery (since part of my stomach will be removed and I won't be able to eat solid food for while) so I need to pack on the pounds in order to have something to lose. The surgeon doesn't want me to become a skeleton, and chemo has been making my weight yo-yo up and down. Now that it's done, my weight is more up, but still not as high as the surgeon would like it to be.

I don't know whether or not the chemotherapy has been effective yet, though I'm hoping it has been. I had a CT scan last week and have a doctor's appointment this week to go over the results. Fingers crossed the thickening of my stomach has gone down so they have a better idea of where the cancer is vs what was inflamation due to the cancer.

On a somewhat related note, my blogging will likely continue without much interruption even once surgery is underway. I can queue posts in advance, so if I can finish assembling them before I go in, the blog can run without me for a few weeks or more while I recover (though hopefully it will not be that long!). I played a number of visual novels while laid up with cancer treatment, so I've got a Cafe Enchante series of posts as well as single posts for Hatoful Boyfriend and Our Life: Beginnings and Always that should carry this blog through to the end of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment