Monday, November 18, 2019

Loscon and NaNo Progress

I will only be at Loscon for one day this year, but if you happen to be there, you can see me on Ethics in Speculative Fiction at 10:00 am on Sunday, December 1st. I'll likely hang around for a little while after as well.

It's kind of funny heading back to the same hotel again so soon since it's where World Fantasy was only a few weeks ago!

In other news my NaNoWriMo progress is going well, and I'm pretty happy with that. Not just because I'm on track to finish, but because this means that I'm getting over the creative logjam that started with my illness earlier this year. It was a little nerve-wracking getting started and my outlines are never as thorough as I want them to be, but I'm relatively pleased so far.

I'm currently at the 30k mark and have started the second story arc. I don't want to talk details this early in the process, but I'm stretching my creative legs and trying a few things I haven't done before. I can see there the rough spots are and I'm already leaving myself revision notes, but I think the draft will be viable.

This is going to go past the 50k NaNo target range, which was expected, but how far, I'm not sure yet. I was picturing the novel broken into three parts, but at the same time I don't see this draft hitting 90k as the middle arc feels leaner to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment