Monday, February 4, 2019

In Lieu of my Usual Recommendations Post

Usually, at about this time of year, I've finally caught up on all my 2018 award reading. That's not true this year.

Unfortunately a major personal issue came up and I only did about half the reading I wanted to. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of great stories that I just ran out of time for.

So I'm only going to make one suggestion this year, because I'm pretty certain that even if I hadn't gotten waylaid, this one would have made my top five for the year.

And that's "Strange Waters" by Samantha Mills, which was published over in Strange Horizons in April of last year. It's a great short story about a woman adrift in time, trying to find her way back home to her children, and I love the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment