Monday, April 3, 2017

Writers of the Future 33

Hey, all!

This is a pre-queued post written almost a week before the festivities so there won't be any specifics. But by the time this goes live the award ceremony for the 33rd Writers of the Future contest should have occurred, since it's very much a Sunday night gala.

Why is this pre-queued? Because I've spent my weekend at the workshop hanging out with the new winners and I'm pretty sure I'd be too tired to actually write any of this. The week is a complete energy drain even if you're not the guests of honor. It's like a mini-convention and all the travel and stuff that goes along with it.

If you're curious about the contest at all there's usually a stream of the awards ceremony up on the official website for several days after. I know because coworkers discovered it the year I won and I came back to find half the office had seen it. (So if you're shy and you don't want that to happen to you, don't mention that it's going to be streaming live to anyone you know...)

And I might not know who the new grand prize winners are as of this writing, but grats guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment